10 Most Common Causes of Workplace Injury
According to the Workplace Safety Index released by the Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety, the top causes of workplace injury are as follows:
- Overexertion (lifting, pushing, pulling, holding, carrying, or throwing)
- Falls on same level
- Struck by object or equipment
- Falls to lower level
- Other exertions or bodily reactions
- Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicle
- Slip or trip without fall
- Caught in or Compressed by equipment or objects
- Repetitive motions involving micro-tasks
- Struck against object or equipment
Workplace injuries result in tens of billions of dollars to the workers compensation industry each year. In addition to protecting employers from the risk of a workplace injury, workers compensation policies are also required by law throughout the United States.
If you are a business owner, we recommend that you speak with your insurance agent to ensure that you have adequate workers compensation coverage.
Call us today at 877-506-5061, for a quote or review of your current worker compensation policy.